9/13/12

Pudding for Breakfast


Welcome to my very first recipe post! Chia seed pudding is my very favorite breakfast (or dessert) right now. Chia seeds are fairly new to me but they have been so fun to experiment with and they have excellent health benefits. Not to mention the texture is so so so interesting. I get mine from either Trader Joes or your health food store. The seeds are super small and have a really nice flavor on their own but when you add them to liquid, they absorb it and create a gelatin-like substance. There is a slight difference (I've noticed) in white or back chia.. the darker seem to stay a bit more crunchy and the white are more gelatinous after soaking for a short period of time. It's your choice which seeds to use.. I use white here because I bought a MASSIVE bag. They are tasty in just about anything, yogurt, smoothies, in baked treats. I've tried a few different flavors of this pudding but the berries and cream is just the greatest flavor mixture. So this is the way I make Chia Seed pudding... Keep in mind everything can be replaced or added (milks, nuts, fruits, sugars) But this is how I like it! (here are a few breakfasts that include chia seed pudding. YUM
Cream 'n Berries Chia Seed Pudding (two servings)

1/2 cup lite or full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 or more tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup berries (frozen will do if you dont have fresh ones)
1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

Mix ingredients in a bowl, seal it and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.. then enjoy!








PLEASE tell me how this goes for you, let me know if you fall in love with chia like I have. MMMMMmmmm

1 comment:

  1. this looks so yummy (and pretty)! sounds amazing!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete